Updated: Jul 26
#TrainForLifeEmpowermentCampaign Post 57: BRAIN HEALTH - Your brain is like any other muscle, with exercise you can improve your brain health. 10 tips to consider:
1. Take a brain break: Take intentional pauses throughout the day and allow yourself to be fully present in the moment.
2. Take inventory of ruminating thought: If you notice common themes reoccurring write them down.
3. Dive under the surface and inquire: Spend some time proactively seeking to understand what is causing your ruminating thoughts.
4. Solve don’t get stuck: Focus on how you can move your thinking in a positive direction by spending your time and energy focusing on solutions rather than dwelling on negative thoughts.
5. Let it be: If you can’t let something go or find a solution, try giving yourself permission to just let it be for a while.
6. Move for better mental health: Exercise is not only good for the body, it is a great for the mind.
7. Fuel your brain for optimal performance: What you put into your body also affects your brain, so eat wisely.
8. Talk about it: Open up to a trusted resource, it is a great way to release negative energy and get rid of stress.
9. Laugh and play every day: The brain gets a positive jolt when you are relaxed and having fun.
10. Creativity lights up the brain: Your brain is happy when you give that inner child permission to paint, dance, sing, write and color outside the lines.
Dare I push the envelope and ask you to consider an 11th tip: Try meditation, it is exercise for the brain and certainly worth exploring. There are so many things that you can do to improve your mental well-being, you just have to make the time to do it. What can you do this week to train your brain?
Learn how EHA is empowering individuals, leaders, teams, and organizations to THRIVE.